Creating a question set in Zoinks is easy, and the freedom it allows will help transform your classroom into a collaborative, fun, and challenging learning space!
Here's a quick tutorial on how to create a question set:
- Sign in at app.wowzalearning.com. If you don’t already have an account, you can go to wowzalearning.com and get started for free.
- Once you have signed in, you will now be on the teacher dashboard. From here you will be able to access your question sets, create new sets, and launch games. To create a new set, click on the blue button in the top right-hand corner that says, “Create New Set.”
- At the top of the screen, give your question set a new title so that you can find it later. We like the format of Class: Topic, like "Algebra 3: SIN and COS"
- After you’ve titled your set, you’re ready to type your question, decide your answer format (open answer or multiple choice), and create time limits. During gameplay, you can add or eliminate time so just do your best now to estimate the time students will need.
- After you’ve written your first question, click on the blue “Next Question” button. As you add questions, you'll see them in order in the left margin.
- When you finish writing questions, click “Save and Exit," which will take you back to the teacher dashboard. NOTE: The game will only allow you to “Save and Exit” on an even-numbered question. This makes the game fair so that both teams have an equal number of opportunities.
- From the teacher dashboard, you can see your new set and launch the game once your students are present and ready to play. You can launch multiple games from the same question set, so you only need to create each question set once.